Certified translations

Our specialist translation agency offers certified translations of a diverse range of official documents and certificates into all languages.

  1. Secondary-school graduation certificates of all kinds
  2. Final graduation certificates of all kinds
  3. Work books
  4. Job references
  5. Certificates of change of name
  6. Diplomas
  7. Certificates of good conduct
  8. Birth certificates
  1. Marriage certificates
  2. Personal identification cards
  3. Passports
  4. Divorce papers
  5. School report cards
  6. Death certificates
  7. Course books
  8. Certificates

What is a "certified translation"?

Documents, certificates and deeds from abroad which need to be presented to the authorities, registry offices, lawyers, insurance providers, medical clinics or education institutions need to be translated. In order that these are even accepted and recognized, they need to be translated by a sworn (recognized or authorized) document/certificate translator. This means that such a translator not only needs to be educated and qualified, but is also required to take the translator's oath before the district court for the languages they translate to and from. This obligates the translator to translate all the content of a text faithfully and conscientiously. If the translator fails to do so, this constitutes a criminal offence.

In their attestation clause, the translator states the district court, federal state and languages for which they are sworn and in which language the original text is written. Furthermore, the translator must confirm that the translation completed by them is correct and complete by affixing their personal seal and signature to the respective document.

Which translations actually need to be certified?

That is one of the questions that our customers most frequently ask. In a nutshell: all texts that are regarded as official documentation of whatever kind and which may only be issued by responsible organisations or institutions. Which documentation you need to have translated predominantly depends on the purpose for, and the institution to which the documentation needs to be presented or submitted. In certain countries, there are two or even more official languages. Thus, documents are often issued in the respective language and in the English language. Since the only official language in Germany is German, all documents in another language that need to be presented or submitted to a public authority, institution or agency (universities, regional or state institutions or agencies, registry offices, town and city halls, consulates, embassies etc.) must be accompanied by a certified translation.

Using official German documents abroad

Official documents issued by public authorities, institutions or agencies in Germany will only be recognized if they bear an authentication. This authentication is an additional attestation clause which confirms the signature and official capacity of the signatory as well as the authenticity of the seal or stamp on the document.

There are two types of attestation clause: the apostille and the legalisation.

Legalisation officially confirms the authenticity of the signature and the seal of a foreign document. The diplomatic or consular representation of the country in which this document shall be used carries out this form of authentication upon the request of a natural person, legal entity or organization. It should be noted that the legalisation neither confirms the accuracy of the content nor the legitimacy of the document in any form.

AP Fachübersetzungen - reliable without exception!

Do you need a certified translation? Then you have come to the right place! With our expedient, competent and friendly service, we are the right partner for you! Call us at +49 (0)911 - 650 08 650 and receive a competent consultation.